Tuesday, July 13

The Golden Era

Recently, I have been inspired by the fashion that surrounds me in the musical murder mystery comedy "Curtains". I am currently performing in a production of this musical as "Niki Harris", the naive chorus girl who falls in love with a mystery solving detective. The costumes are so beautiful and it leaves you feeling like Doris Day could walk by at any moment with a pot roast for dinner.


I love the 1950's silhouette. I think it is so feminine and can make any girl feel delicate and oh so pretty!



What's the best part about these gorgeous dresses you ask? Well, if you ask me it's the fact that (if you're willing to pay a pretty penny) these dresses are still readily available in most vintage shops and online! Here are some dresses I found from a shop call "firefly vintage" on Etsy.com

Although this skirt doesn't follow the traditional fifties silhouette I just had to post it (and perhaps purchase in the very near future). Classic pieces like this never go out of style. 

-xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment