Monday, May 24

Summer time, livin' easy

Since I work basically everyday of the week my family and I love anytime we get to spend together when I have a free day from work. So today I made the drive home and we had the whole family together for a pre-memorial day picnic and it was splendid. Beautiful weather, great food, good wine, and the soundtrack to Dirty Dancing playing in the background...it doesn't get much better than that.

So the outfit for the day was summery and casual.
Tank Top : Hanes pack of 4 - $11.00
Men's Style Button Down Shirt: Thrifted - $2.00
Shorts: On CRAZY sale at Old Navy - $2.50
Ballet Flats: Bitten (SJP's discount clothing line) - $5.00


I spent the morning relaxing with a wonderful Iced Chi Tea from Teavanna, which I must admit I am a total tea junky and love everything from this fabulous store, and a lovely book my mother got for me that explores the world of old Hollywood and the golden age of Broadway, "Underfoot in Show Business" by Helene Hanff.
A little hummingbird nest that fell from a tree in the backyard.
The youngster and I picked flowers after we took the dog for a walk.
Strawberries!!...almost
Summer grilling doesn't get much better than this!


Momma and Skyler playing after a long afternoon in the pool.

From begining to end this was a wonderful day and a great way to start the summer! (And if you don't own the soundtrack to Dirty Dancing I recommend you download it asap :)

-xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment